INFORMATION FOR THE
Welcome to Fort Hunt Basketball. Fort Hunt Basketball is for boys and girls ages 6* through 18.
COUNTY CLINIC AND TRY OUT INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
HOUSE LEAGUE ASSESSMENT DATES WILL BE POSTED BY OCTOBER 5, 2017.
1. SEASON: December 1, 2017 – March 15, 2018
2. TRYOUTS: All age groups will have assessments. Grades 1 – 8 will have assessments in October, grades 9 and 10 will have assessments in November, and grades 11 – 12 will have assessments in December. Assessment dates will be posted on the web site. All players must register, including full payment, before attending an assessment.
3. TEAMS: Most teams will have eight players. Grades 1, 2, 11, and 12 may have up to ten players depending on the number of registrants. Teams wills be selected by drafts, and every effort will be made to form fairly matched teams that can be competitive.
4. REQUESTS FOR PLAYER PLACEMENT: The league does not take requests for player placement.
5. REGISTRATION FEE: The fee for the 2017-2018 season is $90.00
6. LATE FEES:
Grades 1 – 8: Registration will be open September 5 through December 15, 2017. A late fee of $50 will be assessed from October 15 through December 15, 2017.
Grades 9 -10: Registration will be open until December 15, 2017. Late fees will be assessed from November 22 – December 15, 2017.
Grades 11 -12: Registration will be open until December 15, 2017.
7. SPACE LIMITATIONS: The league continues to have significant space limitations, and many age groups will have fewer teams than last year so we can get everyone in the gyms for practices and games. Please make sure to register your player(s) early.
8. PRACTICES AND GAMES: Teams will have two practices a week beginning in December. An eight week season begins the first or second weekend in January, depending on gym space availability. During the regular and post season months, teams will practice once a week during the week. Practice times/days/locations vary week to week. Most ages groups will have a post season tournament the first two weeks in March.
9. PARTICIPATION: Each player in grades 1 – 8 is guaranteed two full periods of play per game. In the past few years, an increasing number of players have not attended many practices and games. This makes it very difficult for coaches to teach skills and players to develop and grow together as a team. If your player can not attend a practice/game, please make sure you contact your coach as soon as possible. Players who do not participate in practices/games on a regular basis may play one quarter per game.
10: SPORTMANSHIP: Coaches, officials, players and parents are encouraged to display good sportsmanship at all practices and games. Please review players and parents codes of contact on the basketball website.
11: FIGHTING: Fighting is prohibited. Any player who fights during a practice or game will be removed from the league. No refunds are issued for players removed for fighting.
COUNTY TRAVEL TEAMS
1. TRYOUTS: Players interested in county teams may attend clinics and open gym space during the month of September. Tryouts are held in October. Fort Hunt will have teams in grades five through eight.
2. PARTICIPATION: Unlike house league teams, there are no minimum playing requirements for county teams. If your child is selected for a county team, he/she needs to attend all practices and games. If your child participates in many activities, a county team may not be the best choice.
3. SPORTSMANSHIP: County teams represent our community, and the highest level of sportsmanship is expected at all times. Players and coaches who do not follow the codes of conduct will be removed from their teams. No refunds will be issues for players who are removed for code of conduct violations.
4. SEASON: Tryouts are held in October, and practices twice a week begin as soon as teams are named, reviewed, and approved. Pool play for grade five begins November 15, 2017. All other age groups start play the first weekend in December. Grades five and six play on Saturday and Sundays. Grades seven and eight will have a few games on school nights. Teams the qualify play in a single elimination tournament that concludes the first weekend in March.
5. COST: In the past, the league paid all fees associated with county fees. Fees and costs have risen rapidly, and are in excess of $1000 per county team. This year the cost for county players will be $200.00. When registering players, parents are asked to make payment in the amount of $90.00. Once teams are selected, each family will be asked to pay the remaining balance of $110.
COUNTY TEAMS: Players interested in trying out for a county travel team should try out with their grade. This is a change from previous years, when players tried out according to their age.
HOUSE LEAGUE LEAGUE MANAGERS 2017-2018
The league managers for the 2017-2018 season are listed below. If you have a specific question about your child’s league, please contact the league manager.
G 1/2 Emily DiBella firstname.lastname@example.org
G 3/4 Julie Almacy email@example.com
G 5 Stella Melley firstname.lastname@example.org
G 6 Mike Hanson email@example.com
G high school Paul Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
3 John Loving email@example.com
B 4 Laura Kovalsky firstname.lastname@example.org
B 5 Jim McGuiness email@example.com
B 6 kevin colligan kevincolligan95@yahoo@.com
B 7 Jadon Klopson firstname.lastname@example.org
B 8 John Powell email@example.com
B 9/10 brian kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
B 11/12 Pat Rhoads